Monday, May 21, 2012

So some days you just need coffee and loud music, its that simple. Personally I've been rocking out to Icona Pop's 'I Love It' and Sia's 'Titanium' playing them on repeat way too much. Speaking of music I really don't know how people run without it? I understand the headphones falling off problem but that's a ten dollar solution away from shapely thighs.

What is the best music to workout to? Let me talk about myself for just a moment ;) i would say I have a varied music taste with Hip Hop being the main currency on my ipod exchange. However I am easily won over by smooth R&B and classic rock sounds. Now that everyone is judging my tastes on two sentences let me inspire more dissatisfaction, when it comes to my exercise play lists they are almost entirely made up of top 40 hits, club remixes, and reggaeton. SAY WHAT?? I know, I've sold my soul to the corporate devils which wrap music up in a friendly package easily consumable and with little allegiance. My Literature professor calls this the 'warm bath' effect. Kinda like only reading Nicholas Spark's books, its easy pleasurable and does not challenge your worldview. But honestly I've come to get a vicious love for such unbridled pop love, and hard liquor, maybe theirs a connection? (death of brain cells?)

My uncle was in Atlanta this weekend and wanted to grab diner. Over plates of macaroni and collard greens (OK Cafe!!) I mentioned my recent love for running. My uncle is an odd fellow to say the least and while he pines about retiring some day he is the type of person who must always have something to do, like go for a run. So all that back story is to illustrate he understands my mindset. While proud of my efforts he finished his inquiry into how I've been with a, "well it doesn't make you live any longer but makes those years a little better". Like shit dude, don't tell me that I was hoping adding exercise to my life would make me invincible. Shiiiiiiiit. I'm thinking the thing to take from this and my confession on pop music is that life is ultimately short and no one can add to their biological clock. So with that realization YOLO I'm gonna listen to whatever music I want because might as well have fun and not sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment